If you follow me on social media, you are well aware that I attended ALT Summit (a business conference for bloggers and creatives alike) last week in Salt Lake City. It was such a refresher to have the opportunity to hang out with tons of amazing creatives and really connect. I’m not talking about the “networking” type of connecting where it is all business, but just the simple pleasures of finding things in common with others. For example, while sitting outside of one of the mini parties resting my feet (they needed a break!), I found myself chatting for what seemed like hours with Kim Nyhus of DENY Designs. Yes, we discussed her fabulous company and how I’m super stoked to collaborate with her, but we also talked about the Justin Timberlake concert she just recently attended. You see, I attended the same JT concert this past December and I am attending again this August. We could have talked forever just about how we want to be JT’s best friend (okay, and maybe a little more). And, I can’t forget my roomie, Brooke, of Little Retreats. We would stay up for hours after heading back to the room just talking about life. It made my little heart happy.
One particular connection that stood out to me was when I met Jenean Morrison. We were at one of many parties of the conference and she mentioned that she was sad she wasn’t able to snag a spot at the “Ask the Graphic Designer” table earlier in the day. My natural instinct was to reply, “I’m a graphic designer and I would love to give you feedback. But, I tell it like it is.” Jenean immediately jumped on board and we talked extensively about her current brand, where it could go and some changes she could make. We even found ourselves the NEXT morning (pictured above) starting off exactly where we left off the night before. Jenean seemed thrilled to receive the feedback and it made my heart happy to offer my knowledge on branding to someone who was so open to receiving & learning from it. We could have talked for days! Hence, you all have Jenean to thank for sparking this idea to host a giveaway for a brand consultation!
I am gifting one lucky reader a one-on-one brand consultation, valued at $250. Are you ready to have a heart to heart talk about your brand? No BS. Real, tell-it-as-I-see-it, expert advice. We will focus on your branding topic of choice during the one hour intensive Skype or Google Hangout call. Ideas for topics could be:
- logo review
- website review
- brand cohesiveness
- client packaging
- client kits
- brand collateral
To enter & become eligible, you must:
- Leave your name, e-mail, and a written or video response sharing why you feel you need a brand consultation and what would be your topic of choice in the comments below.
- Written responses must be under 500 words. Video responses must be under 2 minutes and uploaded to YouTube or Vimeo with the link included in your comment.
- To qualify you must also subscribe to my list (you will receive an awesome branding guide!) and follow me on Instagram @idiehdesign and Facebook.
- Bonus points for spreading the word about this giveaway via social media. For reals.
- You have until Friday, February 7, 2014 at midnight MST to enter this giveaway.
- I will hand select the rad winner based on heart + creativity + ability to follow instructions.
Images by Brooke Dennis