Hello! My name is Emily and I will be posting about all things beauty, fashion , and lifestyle. You can see my posts on Tuesdays. I have my own blog, MissEmilyMarie.com, if you want to see more of what I do. I also have an Instagram, @cafes.couture. Click here to learn a little more about me! I also want to thank the girls here at idieh design for letting me be a contributor to their blog! I am very excited to be posting about my passion, beauty and fashion!
Over time I have tried many different makeup products. Most products I prefer are drugstore and don’t cost me a wallet clean-out. When you are starting out with makeup or want to try new looks, you shouldn’t have to splurge. Drugstore brands are a great place to start your makeup collection. Or even if you just want to save money on mascara.
Drugstore brands have a great selection of products and I even like some of these items more than the higher quality brands! With drugstore brands you can easily achieve the same look you would get with higher priced items. Here are my picks and favorites for a high quality, yet affordable makeup kit:
- Primer: Maybelline Baby Skin ($6.99)
- Foundation: Covergirl Ready, Set Gorgeous Foundation ($7.99)
- Concealer: Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Dark Circle Eraser ($8.99)
- Powder: Maybelline Master Fix Loose Powder ($9.99)
- Under Eye Powder: ELF High Definition Undereye Setting Powder ($3.00)
- Bronzer: ELF Warm Bronzer Quad Palette ($4.00)
- Blush: NYX Cream Blush ($6.99)
- Highlighter: Revlon Photo Ready Skinlights Illuminator ($10.48)
- Brows: Essence Eyebrow Designer Pencil ($1.99)
- Eyeshadow: NYX Natural Eyeshadow Palette ($7.49)
- Eye Primer: ELF Shadow Lock Eyelid Primer ($2.oo)
- Lipstick: Maybelline Color Sensational Lipcolor ($7.49)
- Mascara: Maybelline Volum’Express Rocket Mascara ($7.49)
Wow! That’s a long list! What are your drugstore favorites?
*some links are affiliate links, all opinions are my own*