Many people forget or just avoid washing your makeup brushes and that is horrible for your skin. Makeup brushes are full of bacteria after being on your face and having left over makeup on them. Today I will be sharing with you my tips on how to clean your makeup brushes without paying a fortune on brush cleaner.
What You Need:
- body wash or Johnsons Baby Shampoo (this is gentler)
- brush cleaning egg (or brush cleaning mat)
- makeup brushes
- water (obviously!)
- and you!
What To Do:
- Start by wetting the makeup brush you are cleaning
- Add some shampoo or body wash to the brush cleaning egg
- Swirl your makeup brush around on the egg and rinse
- Repeat steps 1-3 until your brush rinses clear
- Leave to dry on a towel (try to tilt your brush down so your brushes will dry their original shape)
I got my brush cleaning egg for $1 off of Shop Miss A. This is a website where everything cost only $1! I got mine in black because that is one of my favorite colors. Using an egg that is textured is much more effective than using the palm of your hand because the texture on the egg will deep clean the brush and use more pressure to get all of the product out. You can also find these all over Amazon for very cheap.
Using a body wash is the most cost effective and your brushes will smell great afterward. Try to use a body wash that doesn’t irritate your skin. I like to use the Philosophy Body washes because they are very gentle on my skin and smell great!
Try to clean your brushes once a week on a certain day and leave time for them to dry. I like to clean my brushes every Sunday in the afternoon. This is my most productive day and it just seems right to start that week with clean brushes.
I hope you enjoyed this post about how to clean your makeup brushes and it gave you some helpful tips!